Last updated on December 1st, 2010 at 12:28 am
Every September, canon will launch Canon PowerShot G Series, as like before G10, G11, and now Canon PowerShot G12 just launched recently, it is a smaller size camera for professional. It keep the optical zoom 5x same like the previous G11, and same 10-megapixel CCD. But on this G12 the video shooting from VGA upgarde to HD ( 720p ) but not Full HD (1080p) yet. And now support for SDXC card. The processor still the same DIGIC 4 Processor same like the previous technology from G10, G11. For more informations of detail you can view from the homepage of Canon website.
Some specification of Canon PowerShot G12:-
- HS System
- 10-megapixel high-sensitivity CCD-matrix
- Wide-angle lens of 28 mm with a 5x zoom lens, image stabilizer Hybrid (Hybrid IS)
- LCD 7,0 cm (2,8 “) with a variable angle, electron level and optical viewfinder
- The front control dial, full manual control and RAW format
- Shoot movies in HD, HDMI support
- Extended dynamic range.
- Smart Auto
- Multiformat shooting
- Wide range of accessories.
My brother own the Canon PowerShot G10, I was playing around with it, I think most of the function almost the same with this G12. I was thinking to buy it before, but the optical zoom is only 5x and the video shooting support to 720p, so I’m going to choose other model of camera. If you are looking for high quality image, manual mode, low light and maybe you bring for travel without bringing the big dSLR, this maybe your choice. If you are looking for smaller size with almost same function, it is like Canon PowerShot S95.