Last updated on December 1st, 2010 at 12:30 am
While I’m thinking to buy a super zoom camera, and consider to Fujifilm HS-10 at this time. Canon just launch a new camera that have 35x Optical Super Zoom, Canon PowerShot SX30 IS
The specification of this camera: –
- Ultra wide lens (24mm) with a 35x optical zoom (24-840mm equivalent) with IS
- Optical image stabilizer (4.5 Stop), USM, VCM
- 14.1-megapixel CCD-matrix
- LCD TVs 6,8 cm (2.7 “) with a variable angle (230k)
- Electronic viewfinder
- Shoot movies in 720p HD, HDMI support
- Smart Auto
- Manual modes, shooting in low light and video to the effect of “miniature”.
- Help function for cropping with zoom (Zoom Framing Assist)
- The system of continuous AF / AE
- Hot Shoe
- Wide range of accessories
The different between Fujiflm HS-10, it is using CCD and Fujifilm is using CMOS. The optical zoom is more 5x than to HS-10. But video recording support only to 720p HD, HS-10 could shoot in Full HD 1080p. Since it is using CCD, I think it cannot record those High Speed Movie like (120/240/480/1000fps). The image quality of Canon always good, but I prefer the color of Fujifilm always. I will read more articles and reviews or wait the next Photokino 2010 to see which one to buy.