How to take moon shoot using Fujifilm HS-10 / HS 20
You are able to shoot perfect moon picture without using tripod using Fujifilm FinePix HS-10 / HS-20-EXR.
Because the triple stabilizer is extremely good.
Here is the setting I use often.
- Setting – Choose M mode – Manual mode always.
- Zoom – Always use to the Maximum, 720mm, 30x
- Stabilizer – Turn on all stabilizer in the menu. IS Mode = 1+DIGITAL IS ( The 3rd one)
- Focus – Hold the camera
- Shutter Speed / Exposure – 1/250 – 1/320 – 1/400 ( if the moon too bright please use faster exposure)
- Aperture – F6.4 – F7.1
- ISO – Always use the lowest ISO, ISO 100
- Metering Mode – You can use Multi or Spot mode. If you use Multi, you can use exposure the adjust the light.
- Always use RAW mode for the highest quality. If you use jpeg only, you can’t get the quality like this. If you want to look better you can try to make it sharper in LightRoom or Silkypix software that come with the camera.
So far, I did shoot a lot of moon shoot that without using tripod. using hand is easier to take the moon by using Fujifilm HS-10, please make sure your shuttle speed is above 1/250 then won’t get blur photo.