Last updated on September 16th, 2013 at 04:42 am
How to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone ?
Since the newest version of iOS do have iCloud, all the things we need to do is just transfer your contacts to iCloud. Then you won’t be data lost or lost contact if your iPhone / iPad missing.
This is a How-to for some people that do not sync their contacts to Google, and storing their contacts in Phone Only.
UPDATE: We have updated the easy way to transfer the contacts from iPhone to Android.
Export Contacts from Android Device
- Tap the Contacts icon on your Android Device.
- Tap the Menu button of your Android Device
- The bottom will come out “Search, New Contact, Account, Import/Export …”
- Choose the Import/Export
- Export to SDcard.
- Confirm Export.
- The vCard ( 0001.vcf ) file will store to your SDcard.
Transfer Contacts to PC
Plugin your USB cable or plug your SDcard to your PC, copy the 0001.vcf file to your Desktop or My Documents.
Import to iCloud
- You can access your iCloud from any browser that have internet connection. This make everything easier. If you do not have iCloud account, you can register one from there.
- Login to your iCloud account, with your username and password.
- Click on the big Contacts icon
- The bottom there have a small gear icon.
- Click it and access to Import vCard.
So, choose the 0001.vcf that you export just now, into your iCloud.
Reason to use this way
- I’m using this way, because no need to use Microsoft Outlook or Windows Contact, since the iCloud can sync direct from Outlook only in PC.
- Some people do not sync their contact to Google Contacts.
- Export to vcf can make another backup for your contacts too.
15 thoughts on “How to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone ?”
tqvm. u have saved my day!
oarsome worked perfect
Iphones are crap now can you tell me how to send my contacts from my iphone to an Android phone?
I will make the tutorial soon, thank you for remind us for this.
Hi, Using a Samsung Galaxy Ace. The Contacts icon does not lead to a screen with an Import/Export option. Any suggestions?
Hey I have better idea , send .vcf file as an attachment from
An android phone n open .vcf file from iPhone.
When you tap .vcf file from an iPhone , it will prompt you
Import into iPhone
i tried this many times,but it replies thre was a prblm to reading contacts…plz help me out
Did you try the newer way ?
Your steps worked perfectly. I bought my wife an iphone 5c as a birthday gift to replace her old Samsung Ace mobile.I was confused as to how i could move the contacts until i ready your article.
Followed the steps like you mentioned and it worked perfectly fine! Thanky you :)
I found a helpful video showing how to transfer contacts from galaxy s3 to iphone 5. it works almost all popular mobile phone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBiTa7RISmk
transfer data from samsung galaxy to iphone
If you happen to use Microsoft Outlook like me, you can try EVO Collaborator for Outlook. This is where you can download it (https://us.evomailserver.com/download.php#eco) .It has a C2C feature (Cloud to Cloud). To try out, choose the free trial package, download it and on EVO ribbon, click on “Configure profile” and configure both your iCloud and Google profiles. Then, quit “Configure profile” and click on “Explore server” icon above “CardDAV actions for contacts”. Select source profile to the left and click on C2C button. Finally, select destination profile and click on OK to proceed duplicating entries on-the-fly. If there’s another application that’s compatible with this much of CardDAV and CalDAV services (Gmail,Yahoo,iCloud and so on), why not give it a try right? Hope this helps!