How to hide some information on Facebook from certain friends ?
You would like to share information in your Facebook, but you don’t want to show them to some of your certain friend.
You no need to unfriend them, you no need to set to every photo albums, and every status, you just need few settings in the privacy settings there in your Facebook.
- Privacy Settings
- Manage Blocking
- Edit Restricted there, On the List ( friend )
- Select certain friends ( with checked )
- Click Finish
Add friends to your Restricted list
When you add friends to your Restricted list they can only see the information and posts that you make public. Facebook does not notify your friends when you add them to your Restricted list.
So, you no need to block or unfriend your friend that make them misunderstand you.
Happy Sharing !
Some of them may ask for
- how to hide friends on facebook ?
- How Do I Hide Friends on Facebook ?
- how to hide recent activity on facebook ?
- how to hide wall on facebook ?
- how to hide photos on facebook ?
- how to hide mutual friend in facebook ?
- how to hidden friend list in facebook ?
- how to prevent friends from seeing photos on facebook ?
- how to block someone on facebook ?
- how to prevent someone from posting on your wall ?
- how to prevent someone from seeing your posts on facebook ?
- how to prevent someone from seeing your wall on facebook ?
- Facebook features
- How Do I Hide Friends on Facebook
- How to
- how to block someone on facebook
- how to hidden friend list in facebook
- how to hide friends on facebook
- how to hide mutual friend in facebook
- how to hide photos on facebook
- how to hide recent activity on facebook
- how to hide wall on facebook
- how to prevent friends from seeing photos on facebook
- how to prevent someone from posting on your wall
- how to prevent someone from seeing your posts on facebook
- how to prevent someone from seeing your wall on facebook
- privacy settings
- Social media
- Social network
8 thoughts on “How to hide some information on Facebook from certain friends ?”
Thank you SO MUCH for this! I didn’t realize until yesterday when my friend from high school told me that literally every single thing I do on fb gets broadcasted to literally everyone. I’ve been searching on fb help all day yesterday and today to try and figure out WTF I’m supposed to do to hide my posts cuz obviously I don’t everybody all up in my grill seein’ every single thing I do. Of course I didn’t find anything, so today I went on google and FINALLY found this!
I just want to leave a sidenote. I am genuinely frustrated with fb because of this. When they first came out with the newsfeed, I thought it was the greatest thing because it was flexible yet highly inclusive and interactive. I made it more possible to connect with friends and the privacy was still highly flexible where I could control who sees what and vice versa. With this new timeline/ticker stuff, @ first I was all for it cuz I thought it was smooth and neatly organized. That is, until I found out that EVERY SINGLE THING I DO is being blasted out to EVERYBODY, unlike the original newsfeed, where I could simply hide what I like (even though half the time I didn’t need to cuz most of my activity wouldn’t show up in people’s newsfeeds anyway)!!! It makes me mad because I’ve been supportive of most of facebook’s decisions, but they seriously dropped the ball wit’ this dumb shit!
You are welcome, we should share some good information to other people.
Thanks for this info – it gets more and more confusing each time!
Thank you for the info on blocking friends from your wall/timeline. I’ve been searching everywhere for that info. I hate it when some organizations set up profiles instead of pages. I want access to their info, but I don’t want them to have access to my info. I have no idea who is behind that wall! Unfortunately I have to jump through hoops each time I friend them.
Yes, because those organization’s IT department do not know how to use Page.
Thank yo so much for this information, I have been searching all over Facebook and I got nowhere. I do not understand why Facebook has to make it so hard to get this type of information.
Thanks for your helpful explanation :)
I have a question regarding privacy settings. I have put some friends on a list and then changed the setting of all my albums so that the friends on that list cannot view those albums. However, the friends on that list can see photos of me that have been uploaded by someone else. How do I change the settings of the list so that they cannot see those pictures of me either?